Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New isn't always better than old

I have been less than impressed with the new shows this season. I haven’t stumbled upon a single one that I am going to be religiously watching. I suppose that’s good for the older shows, but it makes me a little disillusioned.

Out of the shows that I’ve sampled so far, I have found a few that I think have some promise.

‘Two Broke Girls’ (Monday, CBS, 8:30 pm) is one show that actually has a few funny moments in each episode. At the same time, a lot of its humor is crude and slightly obnoxious. But I think the show could get good, it just needs some work. Oh, and it might also prove to be one of those shows where the acting gets better as the actors gain experience. I’d recommend giving it a chance.

‘Hart of Dixie’ (Monday, The CW, 9 pm) marks Rachel Bilson’s return to television. It was all right, although if you read my review you’ll see that I had quite a few problems with both the premise and the creative direction it was taking.

‘New Girl’ (Tuesday, FOX, 9 pm) is a show that I’ve already hesitantly reviewed. I wasn’t thrilled with the premiere episode, and I’m not a huge Zooey Deschanel fan (something about her quirky personality disagrees with me), but I’m going to keep watching the show. Again…there’s potential.

‘Ringer’ (Tuesday, The CW, 9 pm) stars Sarah Michelle Gellar in her first return to TV since ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’. I quite enjoyed the first episode but didn’t love it enough to remember to watch the second episode. This is definitely a show that needs to be watched episode by episode, so I guess I’d better catch up online.

‘Revenge’ (Wednesday, ABC, 10 pm) is the show that I’ve liked the most this season. It’s a high-paced drama with just the right amount of intrigue and murderous intent. It’s something that ABC does well (‘Brothers and Sisters’, ‘Desperate Housewives’, etc.).

Are there any other new shows that I should be watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment