Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My New Obesssion: Craig Ferguson

Apparently I've been missing a lot by attempting to be a responsible adult, and going to bed by midnight.

Most noteably, I've been missing 'The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson' on CBS!

I'm sure most of you know exactly what I'm talking about, and that I was the only one out of the loop. In case I'm wrong about that, let me tell you a little bit about this genius show:

Craig Ferguson is a hysterical late night show host who's not afraid to say what he wants, including dropping sexual innuendo right and left. His show has originiality that other late night shows lack. After all, what other show has a robot sidekick, no standard interview questions, hand puppets, and repeated appearances by Kristen Bell?

Ferguson famously tears up index cards (which hosts normally use for prewritten interview questions) the moment his celebrity guests begin to sit down. He doesn't bother asking much about what projects they're working on (though he does give them a minute to plug), and more often then not he gets them to reveal actual parts of their personalities. One reason I find the show so appealing is because you can really tell which celebrities are scripted, and which are intelligent enough to spar verbally without a script.

Because the show is based so much on humorous interactions between Ferguson and his guests, he often invites the same celebrities on again and again. Lauren Graham has been on the show numerous times, as has Emily Deschanel and, perhaps most famously, Kristen Bell. Rather remarkably Bell has been a guest on the show 17 times! If you want an introduction to the success of Ferguson's interview technique I suggest you watch him interviewing one of these guests:



Lauren Graham appears on 'The Late Late Show' so late tonight it's actually tomorrow (12:30 am) on CBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment