Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

emmy nominations for 2011 are announced! drama

2011 Emmy Nominations "Drama"
...who's nominated, who I want to win, and who probably will
looking for "comedy"?

Lead Actress--Drama:
*Elisabeth Moss I stopped watching 'Mad Men', so I can't really comment. Except to say I stopped watching 'Mad Men'.
*Connie Britton Maybe the 3rd nominated year will be the charm? She's a fine actress, but there are bigger names here.
*Mariska Hargitay Even after all these years this show is still great, and Hargitay is a big part of that. Plus it probably won't be around much longer. She's been nominated every year since '04, but hasn't won since '08.
*Mireille Enos This is her first time being nominated, and the Emmys do occasionally like surprise wins. But do enough people watch 'The Killing'?
*Julianna Marqulies She won 6 in a row for 'ER', and this is her second year nominated here.
*Kathy Bates She is a favorite, but I just couldn't stick with 'Harry's Law'

Lead Actor--Drama:
*Steve Buscemi Apparently this means I need to watch 'Boardwalk Empire'
*Michael C. Hall I love 'Dexter', and I think Hall's brilliantly acting plays a part in this. Plus, I'm not sure many people could be so successful acting next to their ex-wives who play their sisters.
*Kyle Chandler Damn, I need to watch more 'Friday Night Lights'.
*Jon Hamm I don't think this will happen, but maybe the Emmy folks will surprise me.
*Hugh Laurie This is one of my favorite shows, and Laurie makes it what it is. Plus, he can drop his accent like woah.
*Timothy Olyphant This category often likes the first time nominees to win, and that's what Olyphant is.

Supporting Actress--Drama:
Kelly Macdonald Never seen it.
Christina Hendricks She's good, but is she good enough to beat Panjabi?
Michelle Forbes Put a photo on your page, how will the voters know who you are?
Archie Panjabi She won last year, and I bet she'll win this year.
Margo Martindale Again, lets hope the voters aren't relying on the Emmy website!
Christina Baranski She keeps getting nominated and keeps losing, her last win was in 1999.

Supporting Actor--Drama:
*John Slattery There's a chance voters will want to give 'Mad Men' a bone.
*Andre Braugher I think he might actually win.
*Walton Goggins There's no photo on the website!
*Peter Dinklage Hmm...a little too much fantasy for the voters?
*Josh Charles No photo? Go yell at your agent.
*Alan Cumming Go ahead, yell.


Check back later for my opinions on the other Emmy categories (Comedy). Also, think I'm wrong? Think someone should have been nominated who wasn't? Leave a comment! Who will win? Who should win?

No comments:

Post a Comment