Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Biggest Loser's "Gay Controversy"

The Biggest Loser, Gay and Lesbian Culture, and Controversy

I was just watching "The Biggest Loser" (I know, it's horrible, but sometimes the lack of new episodes drives me to reality t.v.) and suddenly wondered if Jillian Michaels was gay. So, of course, I decided to Google search and see what everyone on the web had to say. Turns out people have googled this a lot. And she very clearly stated that she was bi back in a 2010 issue of 'Ladies Home Journal'.


But apparently that's not all I've missed. According to Google there was some sort of "Biggest Loser Gay Controversy" back in February. Now, I'm not sure how much of a 'controversy' something can be when it didn't hit any of the major entertainment websites. But, you know, guess I just missed the (obviously) incredibly important controversy.


Regardless, I wanted to know what this whole 'controversy' was so I obviously read a couple of articles. Apparently Cara Castronuova (the new trainer) is a lesbian, and is the ex-girlfriend of God-Des of the lesbian band 'God-Des and She' (note: I heard this band last year at Pride and they have a very catchy/don't play it in front of your parents' song). But she refuses to be interviewed by any of the major gay magazines/blogs. Many magazines have blamed NBC for not allowing their trainers to speak to the press, but in actuality it is the trainers' publicists who have control over any/all press requests. Which leads me to ask, if this was her personal decision, why is this even an issue? If she is gay, but she doesn't want people poking around in her private life that should be her business. Just because she is gay that shouldn't make her obligated to speak to gay magazines, right?

2 comments:

  1. First of all she is not Gay. Get your facts right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to get so upset. Apparently she used to date women so you're both right...

    ReplyDelete