Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Will They or Won't They?

"Will they or won't they? Tune in next week to find out! And next week...and next week...and next week..."
Warning: contains spoilers.


Sometimes I get so tired of that question that I shut off my television, abandon the show, and refuse to watch it again until the characters' relationship is actually going somewhere. I know many producers believe that their show will lose steam once the characters actually get together, but honestly, there comes a point when I lose patience and I just need them to be a couple.

"Bones" is one of those shows. Now in its 6th season it has been clear from the get-go that the two main characters (Bones and Booth) are destined to get together. However, in their case, this destiny is taking far too long to arrive. They've proclaimed their love for each other, and contemplated entering into a relationship more times than I care to count. But nothing is happening. By the end of the 3rd season I couldn't take it any longer. I quit watching the show entirely. At the end of last season they promised that something would happen soon and so now I'm watching it again. Tentatively.
There are certainly other shows which have allowed their characters to get together, and even stay together (gasp!) happily. "Grey's Anatomy" did it with Meredith and Derek, and after having abandoned the show at the end of its 3rd season* (honestly, I couldn't stand Meredith's whining for another second) the show has found a second wind. And Meredith and Derek are happily married.



But seriously, Hart Hanson? If Bones and Booth don't begin a relationship by the end of this season , I may really be turning off your show for good.



*Apparently 3 years of suffering through onscreen sexual frustration is my max, maybe producers should take this into consideration...

No comments:

Post a Comment