Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So, I'd already started writing about "Friends" when Charlie Sheen started hitting the headlines. Actually...that probably happened a long time ago. What I mean to say is, his interview on CBS and the temporary potentially permanent cancellation of "Two and a Half Men" inspired me to investigate their television family tree. Turns out that not only is the show failing to start any careers right now...it never has done. As far as I know, every supporting actor who appeared on "Two and a Half Men" was quite successful (or had at least appeared in numerous similar shows) before landing the role. And the show did nothing to change their trajectory. If they were landing good parts before "Two and a Half Men" they kept landing those parts, and if they were landing mediocre parts, well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Regardless, one person seems to have landed a plum new job! Lets try to move past the Charlie-Sheen-drugs-custody case-rant-on-CBS issue and give a little more focus to Jon Cryer.
(See that...up there? I promise it's not a link to anything that ever appeared on CBS).

Think I'm wrong about any of this? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment