Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Watch This: The Daly Show

It's almost summer, which means many of our favorite comedies are gone until September. Don't get too worried though, because I have a solution! Or rather, Tim Daly, Sam Daly, and Ben Shelton have a solution. Guess I can't take all the credit. What I can take credit for is introducing you to one of the funniest series of web videos*.



Seriously, guys, I'm not joking. Watch these now. They're probably funnier if you're TV obsessed like I am--knowing who Tim Daly and Sam Daly are, and who their guest stars are, improves the comedy. Whatever. My mom watched it and she doesn't even own a television. And she still laughed. Or so she claims. She lives 564 miles away from me, which is the length of 32 football fields, so who knows, really.

I'm not going to divulge the plot of these videos, because if I did you'd probably applaud my awesome description and then never watch them. Instead, what I have to say is that Tim Daly stars on 'Private Practice', and Sam Daly is his son, and Ben Shelton is the writer/director of these shorts and the creator of 'My Name is Lisa' (which is a short film you should also watch, but later, because right now we're focusing on 'The Daly Show', and stop distracting me). A lot of their guest stars are actors from other TV shows. To really follow these shorts you should watch at least one episode of 'Private Practice', and in case you've been missing out on the best thing ever, you should also watch an episode of 'Castle'. In fact, you should watch all of 'Castle', but again, later. Also, if you're super young, but old enough to responsibly use the internet, Google 'Whoopi Goldberg'.

In summation:

1. Watch 'The Daly Show' for free on YouTube
2. Maybe watch an episode of 'Private Practice'
3. Definitely watch 'Castle'
4. Google Whoopi Goldberg
5. Watch 'My Name is Lisa' on YouTube



*Provided you've never seen them before. If you're already a fan, credit probably, unfortunately, cannot be received.

No comments:

Post a Comment