Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

David Cross & Amber Tamblyn are Engaged!

Does anyone else remember when news of Amber Tamblyn and David Cross' relationship first hit the blogosphere? It was wayyy back in 2009, and Tamblyn was 25 to Cross' 44. And there was just a little bit of an eww factor. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate them both as actors, and find them incredibly talented. I still remember Tamblyn fondly from her 'Joan of Arcadia' days, and her recent role on 'House' was well done. And since I am one of the hugest 'Arrested Development' fans on the planet, I obviously appreciate Cross' extreme talent. I suppose an age gap of 19 years really isn't that huge (Ellen and Portia are 15 years apart, and no one said anything about that). I think the real issue is that Tamblyn looks sooo young, while Cross looks, well...sooo old.
But she's now 28, and he's now 47, and somehow that age gap seems a little more reasonable (until you realize that she's not even thirty and he's almost fifty! But I digress). They are officially engaged. In fact, they've apparently been engaged for weeks, but (smartly I think!) wanted to enjoy the engagement in private for a while before letting the whole world know. And considering they've been dating for three years it seems like they are a successful couple who will hopefully have a successful marriage. Really, congratulations are in order. And I mean that!


No comments:

Post a Comment