Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

'Biggest Loser' Season 14: Jillian Michaels plus Kids

'The Biggest Loser' is adding Jillian Michaels (again!) and...babies?

Okay, not literal babies. But the show's 14th season will indeed feature the return of Jillian Michaels as well as some kid contestants.

I mean, they had "old" people two seasons ago (remember the old v young teams?) so why not go the other route...really young. Like, you know, a bunch of thirteen year olds. Which is exactly what they've done.



Thirteen is the new cut-off age, although the network has promised that they'll make things "safer" (okay they didn't actually use that word, but I swear that's what they meant!) for the kids. The little ones won't be one the ranch, won't be weighed, and won't be up for elimination. Which sort of makes me wonder what they will be doing...and how they're really on the show at all.

Sure, I think it's admirable that they're not forcing these kids from one extreme to the other (aka toward an eating disorder) and I do think that childhood obesity is a major issue. But, I'm not quite clear on how the kids will factor into the show. Any ideas?

Guess we'll find out in January when 'The Biggest Loser' returns. All I can say is...thank goodness Jillian will be back! I was getting a little tired of only having male coaches. Women can be mean enough to make you work out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment