Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

'Arrested Development': The Top 5 Episodes

In honor of this joyous day, aka the day that filming on 'Arrested Development' Season Four begins, let's look back at some of the most hilarious 'Arrested Development' episodes of all time. I know I often offer you mild suggestions about what to watch and why, but with 'Arrested Development' I can adamently say that if you don't find it funny we will never be friends. There, I've said it.

Now that that's out of the way, here are my picks for the funniest episodes ever.


I'm probably way off base, so feel free to yell at me persuade me in the comments.

S1Ep3 'Bringing up Buster'
This may have been the point where I knew I loved the show. Family dynamics really come into play, and the interaction between Buster, Lucille, and the rest of the family is at it's best. Plus, who doesn't love a good cornball?


S1Ep10 'Pier Pressure'*
Really, more parents should use intense scare tactics with their children, they clearly work wonders. Michael J. Weatherman, the one-armed man used in Bluth senior's elaborate scare tactics, makes multiple appearance in this episode. Also available? George Michael trying to buy drugs. Also, further illustration of Maeby and Lindsay's atrocious relationship. Family values at their best.


 S2Ep6 'Afternoon Delight'
I know, I know, other shows have ridiculed the sexual innuendo behind the song Afternoon Delight, but 'Arrested Development' did it first! So there's that. Also, some hilarious bits with Lindsay. And the introduction of the famed banana suit.


 S3Ep3 'Forget Me Now'
The star of this episode is really the surrogate who has been hired to follow the Bluths with a tiny camera on his head that wires all visuals/audio back to George Senior (who is currently on house arrest). Rita, the British woman many suspect to be a spy, has some wonderful bits in this episode as well. I don't know why Charlize Theron won an Oscar for 'Monster' when this is clearly her best work. Also, there's a lot of comedy revolving around roofies, which is clearly just classy television.


S3Ep6 'The Ocean Walker'
Rita and Michael's relationship progresses, and a marriage seems likely. Meanwhile, Rita and Lindsay become fast friends, which leads to rather interesting (read: ridiculous) fashion choices.


Bonus: S3Ep 9 'S.O.Bs'
I really just love this episode because of the scene between Lindsay and Buster where she is making "soup". Not enough for it to make it into the top 5, but it's a close sixth.




*In case you don't trust this list, Jason Batement, Will Arnett, and Mitch Hurwitz have all referred to this episode as their favorite.

1 comment: