Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

'Free Agents' is Canceled

I'm not pleased that one of the only new comedies that I enjoyed this season has already been canceled.

NBC, I wish you hadn't taunted us with only 4 episodes. Actually I'm not only blaming NBC, I blaming all networks that are canceling good shows after minimal promotion...oh wait, the only other shows that have been canceled are bad shows. Huh.

Regardless, it's not too surprising that 'Free Agents' is gone. After all, as my friend put it, "it's a comedy show with only old people, of course it failed. There weren't any hot people in it". She's probably right, in the majority of comedy shows that focus on relationships and sex we typically choose to watch attractive young people. Actually, I think that Kathryn Hahn is attractive, but it is true that she isn't typically hot, and she isn't young.

Of course, there are other comedy shows on the air where many of the actors aren't super attractive or incredibly young, but those shows tend to have more rapid-fire comedy, as opposed to the gradually building drama-comedy of 'Free Agents'.


Either way, I know that I'm going to miss 'Free Agents'. I can't even bring myself to watch the fourth episode because I know it's the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment